Grilled Asian duck
- 2 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Duck breast, cut into pieces
- Sesame oil
- 1 Bunch Spring onions
- 150 g Sugar snap peas / snow peas
- 150 g Shitake mushrooms
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Broccoli
- 150 g Chinese cabbage
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Sweet pepper / chilli pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sambal spices
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Tablespoon Soya sauce
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Ginger (approximately 5 cm) finely grated
- 30 ml Sesame oil
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Chilli pod, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 Piece(s) / Portion(s) Clove of garlic, crushed finely
Preheat the grill in the Volcano position for 5 minutes at the medium level with the BBQ Wok. Place the lid of the BBQ Wok on top. Or preheat the BBQ Wok for 5 minutes at the medium level. Place the lid of the BBQ Wok on top.
Combine the honey, soya sauce and sesame oil together well for the marinade. Add the ginger, chilli pod and garlic and combine everything together well. Wash the duck breast, pat dry and cut into pieces. Place the duck breast into the marinade, cover and leave overnight in the fridge to marinade. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Take the meat out of the fridge at least 2 hours before starting to cook. Place the remaining marinade to one side.
Remove the pieces of meat from the grill.
Add the spring onions, broccoli, pepper and sugar snap peas into the preheated BBQ Wok and stew for 4 minutes at 150 °C.
Add the Chinese cabbage and mushrooms and stew for another 3 minutes.
Douse with the remaining marinade, stir and season with the Sambal Oelek.
Serve with dry rice.